Welsh Rugby Forum V2.0
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Josh Lewsey Appointed New Head Of Rugby At WRU

3 posters

Go down

Josh Lewsey Appointed New Head Of Rugby At WRU Empty Josh Lewsey Appointed New Head Of Rugby At WRU

Post by RMP Taff Sat Aug 31, 2013 12:51 am

Blimey, never saw that coming!Shocked 

(Posted a link to BBC story here but have error message about posting external links as a new member, must wait 7 days).

Whilst I don't doubt his credentials and commitment, were there any other candidates? Doubtless his Wasps pedigree has had some bearing in the decision and I wish him every success, it's just not an appointment I'd have put his name to.

Thoughts?
RMP Taff
RMP Taff

Back to top Go down

Josh Lewsey Appointed New Head Of Rugby At WRU Empty Re: Josh Lewsey Appointed New Head Of Rugby At WRU

Post by Cymroglan Sat Aug 31, 2013 2:12 am

Time will tell if he is up to the task. Gatland probably did play a part in this appointment and maybe he thinks somebody who has not been part of the Welsh rugby politics is best suited for the job.
Cymroglan
Cymroglan

Back to top Go down

Josh Lewsey Appointed New Head Of Rugby At WRU Empty Re: Josh Lewsey Appointed New Head Of Rugby At WRU

Post by dancarreg Tue Sep 03, 2013 1:43 am

According to what I know, there were no other candidates, Lewsey was headhunted.
Two points.
!. He had better be good
2. I can't see why a Welshman couldn't have done just as good a job.
dancarreg
dancarreg

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down