Merry Christmas/Nadolig Llawen!

Go down

Merry Christmas/Nadolig Llawen!

Post by Evans the nine on Wed Dec 25, 2013 7:02 am

Merry Christmas to everyone on the forum and to all those involved or invested in rugby in Wales and across the globe.

May you all have a peaceful and joyous time and on the rugby front lets hope for a season of good will and a resolution to all the current troubles.
Evans the nine

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Merry Christmas/Nadolig Llawen!

Post by JOHNTYWYN on Wed Dec 25, 2013 7:13 am

I join in that; and I hope we are all here this time next year.
JOHNTYWYN

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Old Parish on Wed Dec 25, 2013 9:22 am

Yes, Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to everyone.

The darkest hour is just before dawn and all that, I am sure 2014 will turn into something positive ... after the various actors have tried all the alternatives.
Old Parish

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by dancarreg on Wed Dec 25, 2013 10:05 pm

AHHHHH Mama's and Pappa's.........

Yes here's to looking forwards and let all the past stay there where it belongs.
I'm sure that all parties will see sense and do what's best for Welsh rugby.

Merry Christmas and a great new year.
dancarreg

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by dancarreg on Fri Dec 27, 2013 6:05 am

Two great derby games today, the first, Scarlets V Ospreys had more quality than the second, Dragons V Blues, but one thing really stood out. The fans filled both grounds and made the games that much more enjoyable.
That both teams lacked some quality was surely because the regions have been starved of funds, I have to say that on today's evidence the WRu would be crassly stupid to let the regions die.
Hope reigns supreme that sense will prevail but the deadline looms.
dancarreg

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by JOHNTYWYN on Fri Dec 27, 2013 7:03 am

I know it is Boxing Day, but was it that alone, plus the fact they were derby matches that attracted the capacity attendances ? It might indicate that the Welsh public are not really interested in fixtures against Irish, Italian and Scottish sides, where away teams travel with minimal supporters.
JOHNTYWYN

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Old Parish on Sat Dec 28, 2013 12:59 am

A bit ironic that there are empty seats in the stand at the protest.

Old Parish

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by dancarreg on Sat Dec 28, 2013 1:47 am

Bit of a cynic there Old Parish, that was taken well before KO, the ground was full but because of traffic congestion many didn't get into the ground unbtil just be fore the first whistle.

If we want stories, look no further than the extensive coverage on the BBC about the protest by Cardiff city fans, across the stations, while Scrum V live barely covered it and Ross Harries said "we wont talk ABOUT THAT".

BBC like the Fail deep into Rogers pockets.
Johntywyn to some measure yes you're quite right, but surely this does show that at some level there is an appetite for regional rugby?
dancarreg

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Old Parish on Sun Dec 29, 2013 3:17 am

dancarreg wrote:Bit of a cynic there Old Parish, that was taken well before KO, the ground was full but because of traffic congestion many didn't get into the ground unbtil just be fore the first whistle.

If we want stories, look no further than the extensive coverage on the BBC about the protest by Cardiff city fans, across the stations, while Scrum V live barely covered it and Ross Harries said "we wont talk ABOUT THAT".

BBC like the Fail deep into Rogers pockets.
Johntywyn to some measure yes you're quite right, but surely this does show that at some level there is an appetite for regional rugby?

I guess I am a bit cynical about it now. I am in the "a plague on all their houses" camp really. Demonizing the WRU as if they are the only problem is as daft as saying the regions should be sent to the wall. What was said at the protests ... protect our future, save our game etc ... are just slogans, not suggestions where to go next.

For the regions to say just give us the cash and leave us alone would be more convincing if they had done a better job developing teams that can compete in a period when all the internationals were still playing for them. I think the WRU would be mad to go down that road personally.
Old Parish

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down