Graham Swann

Go down

Graham Swann

Post by JOHNTYWYN on Sun Dec 22, 2013 9:07 pm

Just needed to get this off my chest !!!! England Spin Bowler Graham Swann has announced his immediate retirement from Test Cricket, right in the middle of the disastrous England Tour of Australia. I would assume that Andy Flower has probably told him that he is not going to be considered for the final two games, and that his reaction is one of sour grapes.

Following the earlier return of Jonathan Trott for stress related problems this latest incident is going to be a catastrophic moral buster for the England squad, and is going to further fuel the Australians armour for on field sledging.

In my opinion Swann has broken his contract and should be made to fund his own flight home to England. All future contracts in relation to foreign tours should include a clause that makes it clear that any requests to return home for personal reasons should be the responsibility of the player involved.
I think our own rugby boys have been allowed short leaves of absence to return home for the birth of a child; I do not see why the general public should be contributing towards these costs.
JOHNTYWYN

View user profile

Back to top Go down