The Blues V Ospreys

Go down

The Blues V Ospreys

Post by dancarreg on Tue Dec 17, 2013 5:22 am

KO 7.05pm far too late for the younger fans, will Sam play for his team and will AWJ still be an Osprey, will Tibaldi still be in the squad?

Who will win, who is your money on?
dancarreg

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Blues V Ospreys

Post by JOHNTYWYN on Tue Dec 17, 2013 10:03 am

In years gone by kick off times in December used to be 2.30 across the board.   7.05 p.m. is far too late for the kids,  and it does not help the workers who finish at 5.30 and have the choice of going straight to the game or rushing home to change and grab a bite to eat. As far as I am concerned,  if I came straight home after the match I would not arrive until well after midnight.   A Saturday afternoon kick off at this time of the year would be a festive occasion and could have added a few thousand to the gate.

Oh and I nearly forgot !!! I could not care less about the result !!!
JOHNTYWYN

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by dancarreg on Fri Dec 20, 2013 1:17 am

Both sides have named really good teams, it ought to be a cracker of a game.
The big pity is that the weather will put many off..........snowing like mad here and apparently in other parts too.
dancarreg

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by JOHNTYWYN on Sat Dec 21, 2013 9:21 am

A very scrappy second half, but the Ospreys more than deserved their victory particularly as they had to face an increasing wind in the final 40 minutes.
A few facts emerged; first Dan Biggar, man of the match, has now developed into a quality fly half, and if Cuthbert and Halfpenny are taken out of the Blues, they have very little left in the attack department. Dirksen also competed and had a tidy game; but where was Matthew Morgan tonight ?
JOHNTYWYN

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by dancarreg on Sat Dec 21, 2013 7:57 pm

Dan has been the man at the Ospreys for several years, but he has suffered because of his intensity, it can lead many to think that he's just arrogant, but having met him I can assure anyone that nothing can be further from the truth.
Matthew Morgan seems to be on the back burner, Sam Davies is now seen as the natural successor to Biggar and surely better at fullback then Morgan?

If the WRU get their way teams like the Blues will only see Warburton/ Halfpenny Melon and Co for the big Heineken and derby games, likewise Adam. AWJ,Tipuric & Co for the O's and so on, not really a big incentive for fans to attend.
Anyone else notice how the Beeb really skirted round the BIG problem, only showing very briefly a banner and talking about the issue all too quickly. They are getting a very good deal from the WRU and are scared of dirtying the deal in case SKY step in with their mega bucks deal, part of the anguish of the regions.
dancarreg

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by JOHNTYWYN on Sat Dec 21, 2013 10:01 pm

Grief, you are right; I only tuned in to watch the War. Welsh rugby is becoming 'jobs for the boys ', and full of corruption. 10,300 attended however, I expect half of them were there for the fight !!!
JOHNTYWYN

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down