Beyond despair.......

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Re: Beyond despair.......

Post by JOHNTYWYN on Sat Dec 21, 2013 9:57 pm

Now Dancarreg, when I watched this on t.v. text this morning, the word LIAR immediately came into my mind. Also the fact that the W R U did not respond to the English authorities request to provide more details indicates that it is the W R U blocking this move and not the R F U or their sub bodies.

I think this matter should be investigated thoroughly, and if our English neighbours are proven right, then certain members of the W R U Board should wind up their mopeds and get on the road !! Perhaps Malkey Mackay would come on board.

As regards W.G. he is a brilliant coach there is no arguing with that; but having signed a deal up until the end of 2019 with the W R U he certainly knows which side his bread is buttered on. He realises that even the N.Z. job would not pay as well as that. With the W R U unable to offer sufficient money to enable our Regions to survive, can we afford to commit ourselves for so many years ahead. The way we are going may see our rugby grounds the home of council estates by that time !!
JOHNTYWYN

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by dancarreg on Sat Dec 21, 2013 10:25 pm

Well if Stradey is anything to go by it will more likely be up market than council..........just think of the dosh that Peter Pies could get for that bit of prime real estate!

Washing day is traditionally Monday will we see the truth by then? I doubt it.
dancarreg

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by JOHNTYWYN on Sat Dec 21, 2013 11:13 pm

I have not seen the Stradey project, I guess there are some nice house names there - The Halfway - The goalpost - The Park - Hooker (!!!!!) and the premium numbers 1 to 15 and 9-3.
JOHNTYWYN

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by dancarreg on Sun Dec 22, 2013 2:14 am

"9" went up for auction and got bidders galore, but "3" has still failed to sell.
dancarreg

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by dancarreg on Tue Dec 24, 2013 12:56 am

Welsh rugby has let this guy walk away!!
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/rugby-union/25488921
Bad mistake?
dancarreg

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by JOHNTYWYN on Tue Dec 24, 2013 1:17 am

The losers are : -
Regions Members and Season ticket holders who are not getting their moneys worth.

The kids who will miss out because in the absence of stars they will turn away from Rugby Union.

The 4 Regions who will have to tighten their belts and reduce spending on ground maintenance and facilities; and will also have less income from commercial activity.
Regional players who will be uncertain regards their future.

The winners .

W.R.U. whose national side will benefit from the majority of their team playing in much stronger teams and against better opposition.

JOHNTYWYN

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by dancarreg on Tue Dec 24, 2013 9:42 pm

http://www.regionalrugbywales.com/

The death throes of the regions?
dancarreg

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by JOHNTYWYN on Tue Dec 24, 2013 11:40 pm

Perhaps the Regions should break away from the W R U altogether, go it alone, and refuse to make players available for International matches. Not ideal for spectators, but at least the Regions could develop the game according to their terms; and without players how long would the W R U last ?
JOHNTYWYN

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by dancarreg on Sat Dec 28, 2013 10:27 pm

The story that the BBC refused to play........ http://www.espn.co.uk/wales/rugby/story/209691.html

Meanwhile the Vincent Tan episode at Cardiff City ought to alert every rugby fan in GB, money and plenty of it and sport really don't mix.
dancarreg

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by dancarreg on Mon Dec 30, 2013 1:16 am

The Rugby Paper has reported that the four regions are locked into discussions with the English Premiership teams, and they are saying that three of the four regions will be protected from relegation during the first season. Negotiations are a long way down the road and will be revealed within the next few days, what looks certain is that December 31st will pass peacefully WITHOUT any region signing the participation agreement.
As the banner says" Aviva Derci Roger".
He gets what he wants, complete control but of what?
dancarreg

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by JOHNTYWYN on Mon Dec 30, 2013 1:56 am

I feel warmed by that news !!! Three regions protected from relegation is far more generous than I would have ever anticipated, not to say deserved. The back bone of Welsh rugby has always meant more to me than the flamboyancy of Internationals; the recent transfer of respect to the t.v. companies rather than the loyal spectator has endorsed that situation. If we have the chance to get in the Premiership, lets do it, and I will show my support by re-joining the Blues at least for next season. And I would fully support any region who chose to alienate the W R U by not making their players available for International calls, by either selling my tickets or alternatively giving them away, or tearing them up. God Save Domestic Rugby.
JOHNTYWYN

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Old Parish on Mon Dec 30, 2013 8:18 am

dancarreg wrote:The Rugby Paper has reported that the four regions are locked into discussions with the English Premiership teams, and they are saying that three of the four regions will be protected from relegation during the first season. Negotiations are a long way down the road and will be revealed within the next few days, what looks certain is that December 31st will pass peacefully WITHOUT any region signing the participation agreement.
As the banner says" Aviva Derci Roger".
He gets what he wants, complete control but of what?

It's a free country, if that is the way the regions want to go then it is only to wish them all success and good luck.

The WRU then uses its money for other things -- support to the national sides at all levels, clubs in the Welsh pyramid, grass roots efforts and junior rugby.

I am not even sure this is a bad outcome, who knows, it might actually be the best solution.
Old Parish

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by JOHNTYWYN on Mon Dec 30, 2013 10:06 am

I am sure that if the Regions take this option, the W R U will try and restructure the domestic Regions in order to alienate the Big Four. Have they got a financial interest in any of the Regional Stadiums ?
JOHNTYWYN

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by dancarreg on Mon Dec 30, 2013 7:46 pm

The WRU are a long way down the road to that reorganisation and indeed talks with interested parties are some way down that road. As I understand it Pontypridd ( see their "spat" with the blues?) Neath and RGC1404 are in the frame right now, but that can change. Yes it is just THREE regions and those regions will need massive support especially initially, AND if the Italians do pull out even more, but the WRU see this as a more sustainable future for Welsh rugby.
The difficulty is that access to current internationals will be severely restricted by the four regions and the fourth autumn game would essentially become a farce, remember the Aviva does not recognise that 4th game.
As far as I know the WRU have no interest in any of the regional stadiums.
Depending on your point of view this is either a terrible time or a very exciting one..............
dancarreg

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Old Parish on Mon Dec 30, 2013 9:54 pm

I think it is an exciting time.

18 months out from a World Cup with the best group of players Wales have had for a long time, and the structure of the game will be worked out one way or another in the coming weeks ... the previous set up was not working and it needed to be resolved sooner rather than later.

If the regions think they can succeed in the Aviva then that will be fun to watch, it is a higher level than they have been used to but why not give it a go? Presumably the internationals that have not actually signed contracts with French and English clubs will now change their minds and stay in Wales ... Priestland, Ian Evans, (has Hibbard signed already?) ... that must be a good thing.
Old Parish

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by dancarreg on Tue Dec 31, 2013 1:42 am

My information is that each region will pick up £4million each, EACH season, and that;s before all the other add ons are calculated, ie; gate money, merchandise, sponsorships etc.
As I understand it the four regions will be banking around £3.5 million EXTRA per season, they wont lose their players for long long weeks at a time and they will have them for training a full 10 days before going into the Heineken ( if it still exists in some form).
Some players will be happy some wont. The WRU have intimated that those who stay with the regions will be greatly disadvantaged when it comes to selection for Wales, preferential treatment going the way of the three new regions and their players.

There's a long way to go before the mud clears on this and we can see where it's ending up.
dancarreg

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Evans the nine on Tue Dec 31, 2013 4:55 am

I hope that the regions don't live to regret this. Do they still get the £4m if they are relegated and how long does the 3 out of 4 agreement last for?

I just can't help feeling that it is a case of "too good to be true" and that the regions are being used as pawns in an attempt to gain control of the game's finances.
Evans the nine

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by JOHNTYWYN on Tue Dec 31, 2013 7:07 am

If they do get relegated, they fully deserve a reduction in funding; could work very well for the W R U !!
JOHNTYWYN

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Old Parish on Tue Dec 31, 2013 7:23 am

Evans the nine wrote:I hope that the regions don't live to regret this.  Do they still get the £4m if they are relegated  and how long does the  3 out of 4 agreement last for?

I just can't help feeling that it is a case of "too good to be true"  and that the regions are being used as pawns in an attempt to gain control of the game's finances.

I don't really understand the "three out of four are protected" part. Only 1 team gets relegated from the Aviva, so 3 are "protected" naturally. I am sure it will all be made clear on Wednesday. By then it should be formally decided I guess, since the deadline for an agreement with the WRU will have passed. After that presumably the WRU start moving forwards with the central contracting and the other clubs and what have you.
Old Parish

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by JOHNTYWYN on Tue Dec 31, 2013 8:29 pm

Happy New Year every one....
JOHNTYWYN

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by dancarreg on Tue Dec 31, 2013 8:42 pm

"D-Day" for decision day.
The WRU are reported to have been in discussions with THREE interested parties, Neath, Pontypridd and RGC1404, so if they are to enter FOUR teams into the Pro12, who is that fourth team?
Perm any one from Scarlets, Ospreys, Cardiff and Newport, for that fourth place, my money is on Newport, the WRU do have a big financial stake in the Dragons.
dancarreg

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Old Parish on Tue Dec 31, 2013 10:00 pm

JOHNTYWYN wrote:Happy New Year every one....

Yes, a very Happy New Year to you too and to everyone else on this board.
Old Parish

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Evans the nine on Wed Jan 01, 2014 8:06 am

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-south-west-wales-25559959

Ospreys and Scarlets both potentially in financial hot water with the EU over their stadium agreements.

Not looking too good for either them or the rate payers in the long run.
Evans the nine

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by dancarreg on Wed Jan 01, 2014 9:39 pm

Happy New Year everyone.

The big question of the day is..........who will form the FOURTH region?
Ponty in their desire to form a region manufactured a row with Cardiff over an issue dating back several months, that's one.
Neath forever at loggerheads with the Ospreys are KNOWN to be in talks with the WRU, thats two.
RGC1404 have been set up specifically to enter the Pro12 sooner rather than later, that's three.

My money is on Newport, they own their ground, have the WRu on board and would fill the void in the east that the Dragons would leave.
dancarreg

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Old Parish on Wed Jan 01, 2014 11:41 pm

Newport certainly sounds like the logical choice. Unless the Cardiff club could be induced ... that would put another cat among the pigeons.
Old Parish

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum